HEALTHY MEALSVEGETARIAN, VEGAN, RAW FOR YOUR YOUR SPECIAL EVENT/RETREAT
Make your retreat the most memorable ever…
Retreats at WhaleSpirit Sanctuary are extremely powerful and quite often create a once in an lifetime experience for participants. And, as you know, whether we want to admit it or not, the quality of the meals prepared for the participants will be what estabishes the tone, mood and memories of the event/retreat.
At WhaleSpirit, we also know that hosting an event/retreat while trying to prepare all the meals every day, requires a tremendous amount of work. This task alone can become overwhelming when trying to nurture all the various specific dietary restrictions and food allergy considerations your participants may have. It is also helpful to already have in place have the proper connections and relationships with local growers to resource the best organic produce available at the best prices.
WhaleSpirit Sanctuay understands you have a lot to do as a retreat facilitator. To help alleviate some of this pressure we now offer an, on-property, vegetarian, vegan, raw chef who will offer custom meals, do all the shopping for the freshest, local, organic ingredients to support you in creating a healthy and unforgetable experience.
Allow us to tend to this item: ‘MEALS’ on your ever growing ‘to-do list’. Allow us to remove the pressures, stresses and the amount of hours each day that are required to shop and prepare meals for your participants that are beyond memorable, so you can focus on what is most important… host your very best event.
We work with local organic farmers as much as possible.
Our menu’s can be designed each day around what is being harvested.
TONICS, TEAS and FRESH JUICES
- Island grown fresh ginger and tumeric tonic with lemon and raw honey
- Hibiscus lemon cooler
- Fresh pressed pineapple juice with parsley and ginger
- Fresh squeezed tangelo juice with or without spirulina and chlorella
- Raw ginger kombucha with freshed squeezed orange juice
- Fresh pressed fruit juices (upon availability)
- Fresh pressed vegetable juices (upon availability)
- Fresh pressed wheatgrass juice and/or other wild green juices such as chickweed, dandelion, etc. (upon availability)
- Specific cleansing juices and tonics (upon request and availability)
- Mango Banana superfood smoothie with cashew milk, goji berries, chia seeds and maca with a touch of cacao
- Tropical fruit salad with cashew coconut milk yogurt, shredded fresh coconut, cacao nibs and fresh mint
- Raw cinnamon rolls of sprouted almond and flax meal with pecan agave nectar topping
- Coconut oat pancakes with fresh berry sauce
- Tofu vegetable scramble with rosemary roasted country potatoes
- Ancient grains porridge with currants, almond milk and a dash of cinnamon
- Vegetable cheese omelet with fresh mushrooms, red pepper and avocado
- Ricotta cheese blintz with strawberries and sour cream
- Sprouted whole grain french toast with maple syrup, sweet cream butter and fresh berries
- Green chili lime and cilantro sunseed pate on romaine leaf with tomatoes, guacamole and micro-greens salad
- Almond Hummus wraps in collard greens with sesame tahini dipping sauce
- Chilled Gazpacho of local tomatoes, cucumber, chilis, avocado and fresh corn with cashew sour cream
- Butternut squash soup with coconut milk, cardamom and ginger
- Sun burgers on sprouted grain buns with fresh local tomatoes, red onion, avocado and leaf lettuce
- Vegan Sushi of nori-wrapped brown rice, avocado, assorted vegetables with pickled ginger and marinated shitake mushrooms
- Cream of Asparagus and mushroom soup with fresh baked corn bread and savory thyme butter
- Chef salad of mixed lettuces, spinach and arugula loaded with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, red peppers, avocado, artichoke hearts, feta cheese and toasted pumpkin seeds
- Broccoli and cheese quiche with olive tapenade stuffed mushrooms
- Spinach lasagna with sundried tomatoe marinara, zuccini pasta and cashew almond ricotta
- Stuffed avocado with sunseed refried beans, smoky mole and cashew sour cream, topped with brazil nut parmisan
- Macadamia cheese alfredo sauce over vegetable pasta with garlic almond toast
- Kabocha pumpkin stuffed with Quinoa pepita pilaf and grilled tempeh
- Roasted roots medley of yukon gold potatoes, jewel yams, Hawaiian purple sweet potatoes, and rutabaga with rosemary and thyme
- Coconut vegetable curry over brown basmati rice with mango chutney and samosa’s
- Green chili and cheese enchiladas, mexican confetti rice and fresh tomato and cilantro salsa
- Island pizza with fresh pineapple, peppers, oyster mushrooms and mozzarella on gluten-free crust
- Eggplant parmisan and meditaranian ratatoulle of zuccini, tomato and peppers
- Baby greens with mandala platter of local seasonal vegetables which may include: garden tomatoes, cucumbers,scallions, ripe peppers, cauliflower, asparagus…fresh herbs such as cilantro, parsley and dil…
- Rubbed Kale with vegan cheesy dressing
- Spinach and arugula with tomato, avocado, artichoke hearts and crimini mushrooms with sesame ginger dressing
DELICIOUS, HEALTHY, NUTRITIOUS
- Raw chocolate mousse with cashew coconut whipped cream
- Raspberry white chocolate cashew cheesecake with brazil nut cacao crunch crust
- Fresh raw seasonal fruit pie in date nut cardamom crust with cashew vanilla maple creme
- Raw, vegan cashew and coconut milk ice creams with exotic flavors with various exotic toppings
- Traditional baked fruit pies, cobblers and cakes – raw, vegan and vegetarian upon request
Lentil Stuffed Zucchini
Taking the experiences with food to the next level.
CHEF MICHAEL STROBHIN – MASTER SENSORY FOOD ARTIST
Having been raised vegetarian, vegan, and a whole lot raw, I have a foundational understanding of nutrition and healthy eating. I also grew up around gardens and orchards and gathering and eating foods in the wild and this has given me a deep understanding and appreciation of our relationship with the earth. For the past five years I have had a wild foods business of wildcrafted gourmet mushrooms, herbs and berries in Northern California and Oregon, and I believe working with nature, as stewards and co-creators with Her, we can create a healthy life for ourselves and for our earth.
I was trained in Permaculture at the Occidental Ecology and Arts Center in Northern California and hold a certificate in Permaculture Design. I have applied these principles not only in creating gardens and sustainable systems but also in my food creations. I like to combine flavors, textures and colors in synergistic ways, allowing all the ingredients to subtly enhance each other. I enjoy the artistry of beautiful presentation, so we may feast with our eyes as well as our taste.
Since 2010 I have had the pleasure of being Chef for Retreat groups in California and Hawaii. As these are primarily groups working with raising consciousness I feel that my food is a great enhancement to these Retreats. I like to hear people say how they feel not only well-fed, but lighter, healthier and happier with these meals…
I love to prepare healthful, delicious food and I love to make people happy. Right there is the perfect recipe! And this is the recipe I base all of my creations upon.